Monday, February 20, 2012

Pushing from Passion




Have you ever fallen in love with something, a product or something that made your life easier and better, and you just wanted everyone you loved to understand why?

To the point where you desperately wanted them to have access to one and to love it like you did?

Pinterest for example is my current how did I live without this?
However, I'm really thinking about when I discovered the Moby Wrap.


I was completely amazed at how easy and comfortable it was. I couldn't believe that I'd raised Owen without one and went out and bought material to make homemade versions, putting the most adorable buttons on them and packaging them up super cute with instruction cards and gave them to 7, 8, maybe 9, momma's.



I don't know if any of them ever got used. In fact I'm 99.9% sure none of them were.
And yet, if I was mysteriously catapulted back in time, I'd probably do it all over again.
I had to give them away.


I had to share my love, my secret to making mommyhood easier.

That's why I share Christ with you, with my friends, my family, anyone who hasn't experienced the love of Christ.
Because it's what makes my life tick, what makes my life worth living.
When life beats me down, God lifts me up, gives me purpose, shows me grace, and blesses me beyond what I deserve. 
How do I hide that under a rock?
Why would I, when I know that sharing that love with others will help them have fuller lives?
I share because I want to. I share because I want the people I love to experience the same joy. Because I want the people I love to go to Heaven when they leave this earth.

So, do I push? Yes, sometimes I might come off pushy.
Pushing Pinterest, pushing Hunger Games, pushing Moby Wraps, pushing anything I'm momentarily passionate about?
Occasionally, yes.

Pushing Christ? Someone whom I strive to live for? Someone I'm not just momentarily, but permanently passionate about? Absolutely.

Do I expect that each seed planted will grow?
No, just like my Moby Wraps they might sit in the depths of a closet somewhere collecting dust, but I can hope that one of them some years from now might be found or remembered, dusted off and watered.

That's my perception on pushy Christians, from a pushy Christian ;)

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he sent his only son, that who so ever believes in him shall not parish but have eternal life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and love!